- TRICARE Service Centers are customer service outlets that are operated by our regional contractors.
- They are usually located in military hospitals and clinics.
- Because our overseas areas are unique, walk-in service at TRICARE Service Centers in all overseas areas will continue.
To get your questions answered in the U.S., you’ll no longer walk-in during limited hours. Instead:
- Go online, anytime—learn about your online customer service options
- Call toll-free
- Try our mobile apps
- View News Article: “TRICARE Ends Walk-in Admin Services at 189 Facilities“
This change does not affect any TRICARE benefits or health care services.
Why the Change?
Since the first TRICARE Service Center opened in the mid 1990’s, we’ve seen a shift in how you get information. With today’s technology, anything you can do at a TRICARE Service Center can be done online or over the phone. Our goal is to improve the services that you prefer to use. This change in walk-in service will save an estimated $250 million over the next five years, letting us invest in the services you want instead of those you don’t use.
To visit a TRICARE Service Center in the U.S. through March 31, 2014, select your region to find one near you: West Region