A driver’s license from Washington, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri and New Mexico can no longer be used as the sole means of identification to gain access to Navy Region Northwest installations.
Guests who are escorted by authorized sponsors may still use these states, including Washington State driver licenses.
Here are the pertinent details: Trusted Traveler Program: The Trusted Traveler procedure allows a uniformed service member or Government employees with a valid CAC, a military retiree (with a valid DoD identification credential), or an adult dependent (with a valid DoD identification credential) to present their identification token for verification while simultaneously vouching for any vehicle occupants. State Driver’s Licenses that do not meet the REAL ID Act requirements may be presented by vehicle occupants being escorted aboard the installation under the Trusted Traveler procedure when conducting 100% identification checks of vehicle occupants. The number of personnel a Trusted Traveler is allowed to vouch for and/or sponsor at any one time will be 5 persons.
For those that need access to the installation and are not being escorted by authorized sponsors, the following forms of identification may be used to gain access from base Pass & ID offices:
1) Federally-issued Identification.
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Passport Card
- PIV or Federally-issued Personal Identification Verification – Interoperable (PIV-I)Cards
- Driver’s License issued by the U.S. Department of State
- Border Crossing Card (Form DSP-150)
- DHS “Trusted Traveler” Cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. Military ID (all members of the U.S. Armed Forces [including retirees and dependent ID card holders]) and veterans. (Visit the Department of Defense’s Common Access Card website for more information)
- Veterans Health Identification Card issued by the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551)
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-550)
- Employment Authorization Document issued by DHS (Form I-766)
- U.S. Refugee Travel Document or other travel document or evidence of immigration status issued by DHS containing a photograph (Permit to Re-enter Form I-327 and Refugee Travel Document Form I-571)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Merchant Mariner Card issued by DHS/United States Coast Guard (USCG)
2) State-issued Identification
- A driver’s license or identification card issued by a state that meets the REAL ID standards or has an extension
- State-issued EDLs ( What is an enhanced drivers license )*
- State prisoner identification cards Interim Driver’s License issued by a state that meets the REAL ID standards or has an extension.
- Native American Tribal Photo ID
- Foreign government-issued passport
- PIV-I cards (issued by non-Federal Government entities)